North Korea is set to implement a plan by mid-August to launch four intermediate range missile at the US territory of Guam. The plan is to be presented to leader, Kim Jong Un who will decide on whether to proceed, says KRT, on Thursday.
The unusual detailed report on the attack follow a recent comment by US president, Donald Trump, warning North Korea earlier in the week that it would face “fire and fury” if it threatened the United States.
North Korea’s official news agency KCNA described Trump’s threat as a “load of nonsense.” KCNA said, the North Korean army is developing a plan “in order to interdict the enemy forces on major military bases on Guam and to signal a crucial warning to the United States”.
Guam is home to about 163,000 people and a U.S. military base that includes a submarine squadron, an airbase and a Coast Guard group.